Teaching & Learning Unit
Teaching and Learning Unit (TLU) is one unit under UTMLead that dedicated to assist UTM academic staff in providing quality and effective instructions in Teaching & Learning (T&L). It plays a key role in implementing the University’s T&L strategy and conducting professional development programmes for academic staff. This is summed up by the TLU’s mission statement “Promoting Excellence and Innovation in T&L”.
- To assist University in providing the essentials and innovation in T&L to improve the quality and relevancy of learning among students
- To provide relevant and systematic training, advice and facilitation for both basic and the advancement of L&T to academic staff
- To advice and assist University in establishing the required learning essentials for the successful implementation of New Academia
- To assist the University in formulating and revising T&L policies.
- To promote students’ engagement in learning within a deep knowledge culture
- To promote and facilitate of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) oriented culture of research and academic publication among staff