Call for Proposals
In conjunction with the conference, a doctoral consortium will be organized as a pre-conference workshop on April 9th, 2014. The doctoral Consortium will be held in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Skudai, Johor Malaysia. The aims of the workshop are:
- To offer a friendly forum for doctoral students to discuss issues related to their research in computing and engineering education / educational technology;
- To receive constructive feedback from their peers and senior researchers;
- To support networking with other researchers in the computing and engineering education research field;
- To discuss the process of research and life in academia;
- To provide seminars on different issues related to completing doctoral studies.
The consortium is designed primarily for students who are currently enrolled in any stage of doctoral studies with a focus on computing and engineering education research or educational technology. Students, who are considering doctoral studies and who have identified a field of research, may apply as well.
Doctoral Consortium Chairs:
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Anders Berglund, Uppsala University, Sweden
Prof. Greg Lee, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
Dr. Fatin Aliah Phang, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Dr. Mohd Fadzil Daud, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- a brief background of the applicant including information about previous studies, motivation for doctorate, publications if any, and possible teaching experience or pedagogical studies;
- a summary of his/her research, including methodologies used or planned, and possible results obtained;
- questions related to the research that the applicant would like to discuss and get feedback at the doctoral consortium.
The document will be made available to the consortium chairs, senior researchers, and other participants at the doctoral consortium to allow preliminary feedback on the research. On the day that the consortium meets, each student gives a short presentation and receives further feedback.
Submission of Doctoral Consortium Proposal:
Please submit your proposal to the following link.
Since there are many requests for extension of the full paper submission deadline, we will change the date to 2nd Disember 2013 (no further extension).
-To be updated-